A woman is like a TEA BAG - you never know how strong she is until she gets into HOT WATER. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Sunday, March 28

Fake It


I have had these window boxes for years. I think Owen was a little over a year old when Jim went through about 5 cement drill bits to install them into the mortar. In them, we've tried to grow red geraniums that were too heavy, red geranium look-a-likes (?) that burnt up in the sun, cosmos that bleached out, mums in the fall, poinsettias in December, pansies in January. Sometimes the plants would live, sometimes they wouldn't (like when the trailing english ivy strangled out everything!) At the end of 2009, I had a brilliant idea. Fake flowers and not only fake, but DOLLAR STORE fake! I am a clever girl! And so I just bought my second batch and here they are! Don't they look real. Sometimes faking it is good!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

They look great! I couldn't even tell that they were fake!