A woman is like a TEA BAG - you never know how strong she is until she gets into HOT WATER. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Friday, August 26

My very own pencil sharpener...

My Grandma Louise had a manual pencil sharpener mounted on the wall in her hallway closet.  Growing up, I loved to open the closet door and sharpen a pencil or two.  I was always into one thing after another and that pencil sharpener was on the list!  Once I had my fill of the pencil sharpener, I was quickly on to the electric ice crusher and having a go at that.  Poor Grandma Louise - I think I drove her batty! 

When Owen started school, I knew I needed my very own manual pencil sharpener.  Most people tried to convince me to get an electric one - as if!  They did not understand the nostalgia behind the manual pencil sharpener.  Nothing else would do. 

This year, my choice for a birthday gift was not jewelry or a shopping trip to Jacksonville's St. John's Town Center.  It was a Stanley Bostitch Double-Cutter Pencil Sharpener. 



Isn't she lovely?


I have finally arrived!

No comments: