A woman is like a TEA BAG - you never know how strong she is until she gets into HOT WATER. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Friday, August 12

Phoenetic Alphabet

I've been working in the aviation field since 1996, so by now I should know the Phoenetic Alphabet by heart.  The thing is, I've always been sort of ... rusty.  I always forget J (Juliett), M (Mike) and I (India.)  I always remember W (Whiskey), G (Golf - how easy is that!) and others.       Q (Quebec) is also hard to remember. 

So, the next time you find yourself on the phone, trying to rattle off a string of letters to someone, feel free to use the method below instead of A for Apple.  The Phoenetic Alphabet has been in use since 1913 and although a few letters have changed since then, they still remain the standard for communicating the alphabet over phone or radio.  

No comments: