A woman is like a TEA BAG - you never know how strong she is until she gets into HOT WATER. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Saturday, November 12

Fave tasty treat ... from the Dollar General?

Looky what I found at the Dollar General of all places ... Dolce Delights!  Just the name alone enticed me to buy a pack. 

 

They are delish alone and best with your favorite cuppa.  Stop by your local Dollar General and enjoy this sinful little cheapy, but decadent treat!

(Yes, this is empty - did you notice that?  I was hoping you wouldn't.... they are that good!)



2 comments:

Susan said...

Hello,
I was so glad to find your post as well as excited to find another person who likes these cookies! Unfortunately, they've been discontinued at the Dollar General Stores where I live. Also, I bought some there discontinued while they still had a few boxes, but I can't find the expiration date on the packages. Do you know anything about the company, Midlon, or where I could find the expiration date and more cookies? Midlon just has on the package that they are imported from somewhere in Italy. These cookies are a real mystery, but they taste great! I like that they are light and flaky like pie crust almost and don't contain too many calories. If I could even find a recipe to make cookies like these I would try that. Thanks in advance for any help and for posting this! Sincerely, Susan Davis

Susan said...

Hello again, I have an update. I found a phone number for the company, Midlon Foods, that imported these cookies from Italy. I called and they were so friendly and helpful. They said the cookies have been discontinued at Dollar General but will probably be sold at Dollar Tree in the future; they're trying to work out something with the company right now. Happy eating! Susan