A woman is like a TEA BAG - you never know how strong she is until she gets into HOT WATER. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Friday, March 23

It's a tough world out there...

Today, after having lunch with Miles at school, I reluctantly agreed to go out onto the school playground with him.  Going out onto the school playground is a sweet idea in theory, and especially to those who have never been before themselves.  The reality is that I will be swing pushing, listening to, sat on and dragged by the arm by not one, two or five kids.  It means that I will be Grand Poobah Push-Master Supreme, Tiny-Tot Therapist, Sitting Cushion Numero Uno and Mrs. Here-Come-With-Me, not to just one class full of youngins, but five classes.  Five classes multiplied by 20 kids equals 100 children.  Do you feel me now?

 And for the record, I was cute when I left the house ... now, about an hour or so later, I am not anywhere near cute. 

(Jim's exact comment when I walked past him after I got home ...  "You smell like a little wet puppy.") 

Nice. 

No comments: