A woman is like a TEA BAG - you never know how strong she is until she gets into HOT WATER. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Friday, December 24

My Jim...


Jim is like no other.  It is Christmas Eve morning and most men would be drinking coffee, watching the Today Show or reading the paper.  Not Jim.  I found his coffee mug and cereal bowl (both left on the coffee table half empty), but Jim was no where to be found.  Sometimes he sits outside in a chair drinking coffee in his own little private garage oasis - away from wife and boys.  Sometimes I go outside and join him there - both of us escaping for a little peace and quiet before the boys wake up.  Not today.  I should have known that because he would have never left his coffee inside, if he was sitting outside. 

When I looked in the backyard - this is what I found...


As I try to sneak across the yard with my camera, I tell him that only he would be raking and burning leaves on Christmas Eve morning.  He says that if we lived on a farm, we'd be working outside right now.  Maybe that means he is practicing for when we do... Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments: