A woman is like a TEA BAG - you never know how strong she is until she gets into HOT WATER. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Friday, December 10

Terms of Endearment...


I've seen this movie over and over and over and over and over again.  I guess it became the theme-movie of my highschool years.  My best friend then was Shannon Phillips.  We'd watch Terms of Endearment on weekends when we'd spend the night at each others houses.  She'd make a batch of biscuits (from scratch!) and we'd drink RC Cola.  Years and years later, it still baffles me how a 17-year old girl from Marco Island, Florida, could make biscuits like that!  I am not quite sure why we were so attached to those tear jerker movies back then.  The best and worse part was the scene of Debra Winger's character, Emma, dying of cancer and telling her older son Tommy, "I know you love me.... I know you love me, Tommy." 

Tonight, as I was watching video from the Heidt Trial, I thought of this movie and high school and low and behold I found the theme song on YouTube.  As I began to type and the song began to play, I got a little bit teary remembering the movie and Shannon and wondering how people grow apart.  So, dear reader, I encourage you to Google a song from your past.  Listen to it and let the memories wash over you.  Isn't it funny how songs are connected to memories - and those memories are connected to our hearts?

No comments: