A woman is like a TEA BAG - you never know how strong she is until she gets into HOT WATER. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Wednesday, January 5

My Milesy is Five!

 My Milesy turned five. FIVE. 5.


 

Sadly, I had to work, but only for most of the day and not all of the day.  Because of the overwhelming guilt for having to leave my child on his birthday, Jim and I decorated the house with streamers - so many of them in fact, that my dining room looked like the BIG TOP at the circus.  This made me happy.  We tied balloons to yarn and then strung that across the entire foyer area and then we hung streamers in every color, layer upon layer from Miles' door - I like for them to have the full effect as soon as they open their eyes. 

I woke him up at 7:30 -because I couldn't leave without whispering to him, "Today, you are five!"  I think that is important - because today will never come again - just like when your brand new baby is only a day old - you just never get that time back.

Like his mama, Miles loves the Marios Bros. game on his wii. 


We decided to have a Mario party and have a Mario cake.  The Cake Corner couldn't make Mario, but did the next best thing - Toad.


You have to turn out the lights to blow out the candles...


He doesn't know it yet, but there are DRUMS inside this box ... he is going to be a ROCKSTAR!



It is sometimes hard to get a normal picture of both boys - maybe this is normal?


Yes, "Candace (really does) Eats Cake"...  This is scary.... ha ha ha!

No comments: