A woman is like a TEA BAG - you never know how strong she is until she gets into HOT WATER. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Saturday, February 5

Blast from the past...


Tretorns.  I love them.  I had a few pairs in high school - the canvas ones with pink swoosh, then came the pink plaid swoosh, and then as I matured, the leather whites with white swoosh.  (Matured - ha!  I still haven't matured!)  You can imagine my shock when, a year ago, at the Columbia Zoo, I saw this hip mom wearing them!  Then a few months ago, rows and rows of them appeared at Lands End!  It was destiny, I tell ya.  Unfortunately, Jim was with me - and he just doesn't quite get "destiny" and "blast from the past" and all of the warm & yummy happiness that comes from an old favorite pair of shoes - especially this latest new whim priced at $55.  Today, on sale, he liked my little whim lots better and they are mine!  I cannot wait to wear them - and gather a whole new batch of happy memories!

No comments: