A woman is like a TEA BAG - you never know how strong she is until she gets into HOT WATER. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Friday, May 7

Best Summer Sandwich ...


I love cucumber sandwiches. When it is just me, I make a sandwich that looks like this. I spread 2 slices of wheat bread with cream cheese, salt & pepper it, then add the plainly sliced cucumbers, more salt & pepper and then top it with the other slice of wheat bread. Simple and delish!

For baby showers and wedding showers, you can make the fancier version. Start out with an even tastier spread of cream cheese/mayonaise/sour cream/minced onion. If you have one, use a scalloped-edge biscuit cutter to cut each slice of bread, Then peel the cucumbers leaving some stripes of green skin to add color. i use a Pampered Chef mandoline-type chopper to slice the cucumbers and then I cut each slice in half. Spread each bread round with the cream cheese spread and sprinkle with salt, then add 2 cucumber halves on top. I like to leave them open-faced so that the pretty green stripes show. They always look fancy on a pretty white platter.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I TOTALLY want one of those RIGHT Now!!! They are SO yummy!! :)