A woman is like a TEA BAG - you never know how strong she is until she gets into HOT WATER. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Tuesday, May 25

Vera's Yum Yum Cake



This recipe came inside a Vera Bradley recipe box and inside the box was my cutesie apron I received as a gift at Christmas. As you can see, the recipe is on the cutest little pink card and just the name of it gets a girl like me excited! Vera's Yum Yum Cake - with a name like that, it has to be good!

I made this cake as it appears on the card. Now, let me just tell you, the Rincon Walmart does not sell a 4 oz box of vanilla instant pudding - so I went with the 3.4 oz, but next time I am going to go with the 5.1 oz.

Another note, I made it in the 9 x 13 pan it calls for. Next time, I will do either two 9" cake pans or three 9 " cake pans depending on the amount of batter. It was perfectly good in the 9 x 13, but I had a lot of leftover icing - and a cake like this is just even better with extra strawberries and more layers to fill with yummy icing!

Here is what you need:



Serves 10

1 (2 layer) package yellow cake mix
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 (4 oz.) package vanilla instant pudding mix
1 cup of milk
16 oz. container Cool Whip
2 (16oz.) packages fresh strawberries
2 cups shredded coconut
1 cup chopped walnuts

Prepare and bake the cake using the package directions for a 9 x 13 inch cake pan.

Cool in the pan on a wire rack.

Beat the cream cheese in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add the pudding mix and milk and beat until smooth. Fold in the whipped topping. Spread over the cooled cake. Arrange the strawberries evenly over the cake.



Sprinkle with the coconut and walnuts. Chill, covered, for 4 to 6 hours before serving.

No comments: