A woman is like a TEA BAG - you never know how strong she is until she gets into HOT WATER. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Friday, May 21

Mother Daughter Tea Party

Ever miss a party - specifically a tea party? I love a tea party...!

Somehow, instead of being at this tea party, I was packed in a car with three boys, 2Nintendo DSIs and a stack of magazines headed for Stone Mountain. My good buddy, Jennifer, however was sitting pretty at the Mother Daughter Tea Party that Mrs. Lynn Miller hosted at her church.

This is Jennifer with her mom, Faye and Jennifer's daughter, Dora - three generations!



Mrs. Lynn doesn't do anything half-way. The woman has sass! Check out this apron, complete with a string of pearls! Note the tell-tale signs of a woman hard at work - see that flour on the apron, girls? Check out these sandals! (She also has a pair of cute hot pink ones with a lime green & white ribbon. Jennifer and I would like to live in Mrs. Lynn's closet!)



Here are the centerpieces - each table had a different theme. (Maybe it was good that I wasn't there - I would have felt really rotten trying to talk her out of a few rolling pins and antique tins right there in her very own church!)







Jennifer wanted me to feel like I was there at the party, so she kept me informed by texting me pictures of the centerpieces and cute finger sandwiches.

Cucumber Sandwiches - my favorite!



Strawberries are at their best dipped in chocolate!



I love this picture - being a mother is the greatest gift. Here is Mrs. Lynn with her mother. God bless us mamas!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Candace - We really missed you! Mrs. Lynn SURE knows how to throw a party!! We had a really nice time and the food was SO good! Can't wait until next year's Mother/Daughter Tea Party. We will make sure that you are in town for the next one!

Mrs. Lynn said...

We sure wish you were there with us! Girls love a party and especially a tea party where we can dress up for no reason, eat with our pinkies up, and giggle the entire time....unless we feel like crying! The guest speaker, Mrs. Karen Signal inspired all of us to capture each moment of motherhood!

Murphy & Murphy said...

I would have loved to have been there with my pinkies up! I bet the message from the speaker was great too. The crazy pace of life has a way of making us rush through the moments we could be enjoying with our children! Will there be a tea party again next year?

Anonymous said...

MY DICK IS UP,YOU CAUSED IT,WOULD SURE LIKE TO FUCK YOU.