A woman is like a TEA BAG - you never know how strong she is until she gets into HOT WATER. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Sunday, August 29

Nine West - they wouldn't give me the time of day...

Yesterday, we went to the mall in search of shoes for Owen. The recent Sketcher's purchase wasn't such a good buy. After 3 weeks of school, the straps are already beginning to fray - not a good sign.

Sketchers Super Z Gripperz - not recommended:


These are the new ones we bought from Stride Rite - Nickelodeon LQD Vortex Slimers:


I am still a girl, I think... yet for some reason I am not such a fan of going to the mall anymore. Maybe it is because I have 3 boys with me every time I go (one of which seems to have an eyebrow twitch every time I pick up something over $20.) Maybe it is because I am working part-time and can't have everything I lay my hands on. Something has changed though.

When I worked full time, I had lots of pairs of Nine West shoes. I thought nothing of walking into the store and trying on whatever I wanted and sometimes their new shoes couldn't keep up with what I already owned. I would sigh and walk out empty handed.

Yesterday was different. I walked into the store straight toward cheetah print peep toes and not a single person asked if they could help me.

Nine West Sharina Peep Toes:


Later Jim asked if the salesperson walked past me without trying to help me. Ok, maybe I didn't noticed that, but yeah, I think he was right. We walked away and he held onto my hand to soothe me. What has changed? And can these salespeople see the change on the outside? What is this thing anyway? Does it have a name? Is it simply that I am not cool anymore? Do I look like a person who wouldn't be wearing Nine West shoes? What exactly was it that made it ok to walk past me without a second glance...? I will admit, I was a little bit sad as I walked away hand-in-hand with Jim. It has been 10 years almost (September 23!) and maybe I am going to be ok. Maybe I am not Nine West worthy anymore. As long as I have my 3 boys, I think I AM ok. I think...

1 comment:

Q_Tee78 said...

Don't worry! Anyone spending money in this economy - SHOULD BE OKAY!! The customer service aspect is no longer a requirement for working! Sorry, they made you feel that way! I would have purchased a pair and made sure to inform the GM about the service! *what can I say, I love NINE WEST SHOES!* =)