A woman is like a TEA BAG - you never know how strong she is until she gets into HOT WATER. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Wednesday, March 9

"Chicken Fried"

We all know that "Chicken Fried" is a song - one that is still pretty high up on my most favorite songs' list.  In case you have been under a rock and haven't heard it... sung by my common-law husband, Zac Brown (and his band of lovely lumberjack men), here is the link: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4ujS1er1r0

(By the way, where is this rock that you live under?  Perhaps you should invite me over for some tea?)

"Chicken Fried" has also become a handy-dandy adjective that I use several times a day.  Chicken Fried could mean that something is country - which could be adorable, or it could mean that something or someone is a little bit on the redneck side of things, but this isn't by any means an insult.  Chicken Fried is a term of endearment, very close to my heart, and I love Chicken Fried.  It could mean the lovely Ralph Lauren pants that I am obsessed with...


And of course, Chicken Fried could mean this ...

(Oh dear, oh me, oh my, there he is!  Yes, I am well aware that I have issues - and Jim loves me just the way I am.)

So, if you happen to be around and hear me say "that's Chicken Fried" - I want you to know how to use it in a sentence, because it grows on you - and I don't want you to use it in the wrong way.  See how much I care?

So off you go - with a brand new adjective under your belt - use it as many times today as you can!

No comments: