A woman is like a TEA BAG - you never know how strong she is until she gets into HOT WATER. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Saturday, March 26

It's All About the Guac!

Hi there, I'm Candace Gomez - glad to meet ya!  (Gomez should be my authentic last name because I am part Mexican, there is no question.)  Ok, really I'm not part Mexican - I think I am 100% Mexican, but its only a dream of mine.  Really, my life is based largely on raising hyenas (little boys) while stepping to the the beat of the marital drum with mid-westerner (he calls himself a Yankee, isn't that funny?!) and buying avocados to make GUACAMOLE!!! 

See this goodness?


So, if you are a newbie to making Guac (love the GUAC!) I will help you - because I do not want you to go without. 

Here is what you need (avocados, salsa, jarred jalapenos, lime, salt & pepper and a bit of sour cream):



2 ripe avocados (this means they are mostly brownish with maybe a little green still showing - press them - they should give a teeny bit - this is perfect.)
Lime - just a couple of squeezes (save the rest for limeades or margaritas)
10 slices of jalapenos (the kind in the jar)
2 TBSP of jalapeno jar juice - just do what I say
1 TBSP of salsa
Salt & Pepper
1 Tsp of sour cream - if you wanna be really naughty

Method:
Mash the avocados in a small bowl, add in lime juice and jalapeno juice.  Chop jalapenos and toss in, add in the salsa and mix and stir.  Now taste for that fresh, light & savoriness - make sure you have enough salt & pepper. 

If you want to be exceptional and naughty simultaneously, add in 1 tsp of sour cream and then ...


Because this is sin in a bowl, baby! 

Grab some Cheez-Its and dig in - or if you are one of those "vanilla" type people, get a bag of tortilla chips and dig in.  (Give the Cheez-Its a try - being normal is no fun!)

No comments: