A woman is like a TEA BAG - you never know how strong she is until she gets into HOT WATER. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Wednesday, March 30

World Wrestling Entertainment has abducted my 8 year old!

We've been designing a new bedroom for Owen.  We've been collecting Packers and other sports memorabilia for years and finally we can put it all together in Owen's room.  Then along came WWE.  It was instantaneous, it was sneaky and it has taken over my child. 

First, here is the quilt that will arrive tomorrow - a solid month of waiting on the backorder. 


And the corkboard that I refuse to pay $89.99 for from Pottery Barn Kids, because we can make it ourselves.  I'm not against slicing two perfectly good baseball bats in half if I can save $50!  


As you can see, I have a plan forming in my head - and all of that was shredded this morning when Owen informs me that he wants a WWE room and will be hanging WWE stuff all over this sports room we've been planning because "this is my room, mom..."  Greaaaaaat...........................!

Hoping to make Owen understand, we quickly explained we cannot change his room like he changes tshirts. If we had, we would have had a Wiggles room, a Spiderman room, a Batman room, Sponge-Bob room, Superman room, Transformers room, Bakugan room, Star Wars room, Football room, Milwaukee Brewers room and as of today, a WWE wrestling room.

Meet John Cena, my child's current hero...



And his buddy, Randy Orton...



The Miz... some of you might remember Mike Mizanin from MTV's The Real World and later from The Real World/Road Rules Challenge.  Well, he finally became a real entertainment wrestler - and here he is...


And Edge...


These guys are all Owen talks about lately - and with that comes an aspiring little wrestler watcher in my little Miles.  Will the fabulous sports room become a WWE Wrestling Ring?  Saga to be continued.....

No comments: