A woman is like a TEA BAG - you never know how strong she is until she gets into HOT WATER. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Saturday, March 19

Mushy fruit?

As you can see it is quite late at night - or early in the morning, however you might look at the clock.  I just got home from that dreaded and unmentionable store that I loathe with a multitude of fresh fruit and vegetables.  First, the most important of them all - the queen of the highest court, her ladyship - the avocado (or avocados, plural, if you are me.)  Second in line are the bananas in a fabulous shade of yellow!  Next, red grapes because they are high in fiber and my mom eats them - and she is much more healthy than me, so I eat them too.  They are quite portable, you know.  Next, the limes, because they go in my guacamole (ahhhh, guacamole - it is ALL ABOUT THE GUAC!)  Then comes the kiwi crew, high in fiber, you know!  Finally, we have lemons - those go into my water - every day, period.  So, we have quite a gathering of fruit to deal with (is avocado a vegetable or a fruit?  Hmmm....)  Anyway, back to the fruit - we don't want it to go bad and get mushy before we can eat it, right?  So here I am, now very late in the middle of the night, and I google how to keep kiwi fresh and happen upon a lovely little website...

http://www.stilltasty.com/

And now we all know where to store what and how!  Handy dandy!

zzzzzzzzzzz............................

Good night!

No comments: