A woman is like a TEA BAG - you never know how strong she is until she gets into HOT WATER. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Wednesday, April 13

Back Porch BBQ - Good things come in small packages...

Dicksie at Johnson's on 4th has been saying nothing but GOOD things about Back Porch BBQ for weeks.  So one Friday, I get a call from Jennifer, who reports that she couldn't stand it anymore - drove to Springfield and tried some of the 'Q.  Jennifer is a foodie, like me, and reports on each luscious and juicy bite.  Well, I can hardly be left out of this goodness, so my mom (aka Grammie, aka Helga) and I pile into my car and we head on over.  It is worth the ride.  (It is also worth the view, but he is half my age, which means I can't even set him up with Dana, so 'nuff said about that.) 

Here is the spot you are looking for...  Follow Highway 21 from Rincon to Springfield and you will eventually see it on the left. Bring cash - like most smallish hot spots, they don't take checks, cards nor IOU's.


Walk up and order at the window.  The regular-sized BBQ sammie is plenty big for me - and I can out eat Jim everyday of the week.  Good things... try it out!  Love the potato salad!

Check them out on Facebook -
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Back-Porch-BBQ/152332041459355?sk=wall

No comments: