A woman is like a TEA BAG - you never know how strong she is until she gets into HOT WATER. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Wednesday, April 13

Cursive Writing a la 2nd Grader...

I remember learning to write "in cursive" in 4th grade.  At the chalkboard, Mrs. Shaw made her perfect loops all the way across the expanse of the board and then turned to us and said, "Penmanship never ends....."  To my poor, tired hand, that meant we would never get to stop writing.  Ever. 

Here is my second grader's first shot at cursive writing. 


I told him the story of Mrs. Shaw and explained that it would become second nature and actually, as an adult, he would likely use a combination of print and cursive writing and I demonstrated my own chicken scratch.

Poor, poor Owen - his mother consistently fills his head with useless and trivial information, but has the best intentions... bahahahahahaha!

No comments: