A woman is like a TEA BAG - you never know how strong she is until she gets into HOT WATER. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Wednesday, April 13

Flying Monkey Bread!


So back when I was single and lived in the happenin' city of Savannah, I used to make Monkey Bread every single Friday morning for work.  I'd like to think I was so beloved because of my outrageous moth-to-a-flame personality, but it very well could have been this bread.

Recently, I made a promise to a certain department at Gulfstream and they called me out on it, so I delivered the goods... a fresh n' hot batch of this bread one bright and early Monday morning.  Thanks to my fabulous delivery girl (my Kardashian-esque friend Dana) for helping with my mission!  Hope you guys enjoyed!

I thought you (and Mrs. Ramona Chiariello) might like the recipe... (because her husband Richard loooooves him some Monkey Bread!)

Monkey Bread (circa 1997 from Myra Pierce)

3 cans of country style biscuits (not the humungo Grands Biscuits)
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp Cinnamon
1 stick butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup chopped pecans (optional)

Use bundt cake pan - spray with Pam. Cut and quarter the biscuits, roll (or shake) biscuit quarters in mixture of granulated sugar and cinnamon (I mix the two in a glad-ware container and then shake the biscuits in the mixture.)  Layer biscuits and nuts until all biscuits have been used. 



Melt butter and brown sugar (I put the stick of butter in a glass measuring cup (2-cup size) and melt in microwave, then stir in brown.  Microwave again for another 30 secs.)  Stir butter and brown sugar until combined and then pour over biscuits.  Bake at 325 for 35 minutes. 



Note 1 - This can be prepared the night before (do not melt butter/brown sugar yet) and stored in the fridge.  The next morning, take your bundt pan from the fridge and bring to room temp, then melt the butter/brown sugar and pour over and bake.)

Note 2 - BEWARE! - This recipe pretty much guarantees celebrity-like status at work.  Co-workers become addicted and tongues will be wagging and on the floor every Friday morning awaiting this decadent treat.   (You have power beyond your control....)

No comments: