A woman is like a TEA BAG - you never know how strong she is until she gets into HOT WATER. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Sunday, April 25

Blueberry Crunch Cakes

Recently a few friends and I went to breakfast at J. Cristophers on Liberty Street. Some of these friends had never been and everyone deserves a chance to try their signature dish - Blueberry Crunch Cakes! J. Cristophers is a charming little diner offering loads of choices - all of them not exactly what you'd normally find on the menu at your local Waffle House. The San Bernadino Omelet was the first thing I ordered last year when I went for the first time. Eggs, cheddar cheese, roasted chicken, avocado and pico de gallo - this comes with a side of breakfast potatoes or cheese grits. The next time I went, I ordered "The Pantry Feast" - oh my. It comes with eggs, bacon or sausage, cheese grits or potatoes and a side of Blueberry Crunch Cakes. Their cappucino is excellent too!

See?




Later, after we sat for as long as the little ones would let us, we walked down to SoHo South Cafe' to show off their very artsy restaurant.



This apron was just standing there begging to come home with me...



Easy Mother's Day Gift - I will even wrap it up for myself so Jim doesn't have to!

Everytime I go downtown, I realize what a beautiful city Savannah really is. It is a shame that we can't slow down to notice this kind of beauty more often.