A woman is like a TEA BAG - you never know how strong she is until she gets into HOT WATER. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Saturday, April 17

Fat, Juicy Tomatoes!



Spring makes me think of tomatoes. I tried to grow some last year ... in an urn ... with one of those cute faux-rusty decorative trellises with a sweet bird perched at the top (surely this will function as a tomato cage, right?) Function has never been my strong suit. Poor Jim tried his best to convince me that this trellis will not work the same as the more practical metal cages that are $3 versus the $19.99 trellis I want to buy. He was right - shhh, I haven't told him yet. Sure, the tomato vines tried to sag, but I ruthlessly tie-wrapped them to the (extremely cute and rendered useless) now authentically rusty decorative trellis. Fortunately, I did get some lovely cherry tomatoes out of the bush, but this year I will be smarter. I will choose function over fashion. I will buy real tomato cages! And this year, my thumb will turn a lovely shade of green ... maybe.

No comments: