A woman is like a TEA BAG - you never know how strong she is until she gets into HOT WATER. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Wednesday, April 14

Kate Gosselin: Love her/Hate her




I have a love/hate relationship with Kate. I loved her hair for so long, but hated how she acted to her husband. Loved her show, but got squirmish as she tromped around shouting orders at Jon and her kids. Like a lot of people, I kept watching the train wreck - had to see what her hair was doing that week and marvel over the suddenly glamorous woman she had so quickly become. Now she is on Dancing with the Stars - and I am still watching. I feel bad for her, walking on egg shells as she tries to force herself to dance across the floor with her very patient partner, Tony. I see the concentration on her face as she counts the steps, purposefully stomping each foot in place to the music. At times she looks like a gladiator woman, eyes wild and dangerous instead of the graceful, lithe dancer she should be. I am sad for her - I wanted her to show the world and Jon Gosselin that she could be fun - that she could dance and be excited and happy and light-hearted. Make him realize what he left. Instead she is showing the world that she is still angry, resentful and whiny - the same Kate that she has always been. She is still on the show - someone out there is voting for her week to week - probably someone like me - who keeps hoping she will surprise everyone.

No comments: