A woman is like a TEA BAG - you never know how strong she is until she gets into HOT WATER. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Thursday, April 1

Easter Dress



I went to Target for the second time this week looking for a picnic blanket. Not just any blanket, one that is water resistant on one side and I even hoped for a cute fabric on the other side and the BIGGER the BETTER. Just like on Saturday, there wasn't a picnic blanket to be found. My workout buddy, Jessica Brady, is on vacation - and this is usually bad news. Jessica not being at work usually results in me doing bad things at lunch - going shopping at Walmart, driving to Rincon and going to Sweet Peas, meeting friends from Gulfstream at Cancun for mexican. Today was no different. I headed to Target. Hey, I had to get Jim a birthday card, didn't I? And that picnic blanket. Surely they had some by now - a whole 2 days later! I walked straight into the women's clothes section - bad bad. And there it was - angels singing, bright heavenly lights shining down ... the perfect Easter dress! A bargain at only $34.99, right? I read the tag - "Liberty of London" for Target. This is bad - and not only did they have the cutesie dress, they had lamps and the plates and even file folders and cute post-it notes and even boxers for the guys! Matchy matchy, but in a cute vintage sort of way. Well, I had to have it. I didn't even try to talk myself out of it - I could wear it to Easter, to weddings, to Tea parties (should anyone ever decide to have one in Guyton Georgia.) This dress was an investment. And now, 3 days later, I still feel the same way - no guilt, no buyer's remorse - nada. Too bad I didn't get those matching post-it notes to carry around in my pocket ... if I had one! I can't wait for Jessica to get back - to show her my dress - and maybe head to Target on our lunch hour - to get her one too!

No comments: