A woman is like a TEA BAG - you never know how strong she is until she gets into HOT WATER. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Wednesday, September 15

Another flavor of creamer...?



Yes, I bought another (ANOTHER!) flavor of creamer! Admittedly, I have been buying (a few) different creamers lately in a failed attempt to cut down on sugar. I have this teeny, weeny, little addiction to hot tea. Hot tea is fabulous for anti-oxidants and all sorts of other wonderful attributes, but the 2 tsp of sugar per cup that concerns me.

Back to the issue at hand - creamer, and International Delight Buttercream to be more specific. It is decadent! I am not sure that it reminds me of icing - but it is perfectly sweet and light - and it makes me happy, I think.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1 tbsp
Calories: 40
Total Fat: 1.5g
Protein: 0g
Dietary Fiber: 0g
Carbs: 7g

By the way, should you ever need a recommendation on which hot tea to drink, let me offer my assistance. First, do not drink "dishwater" - i.e., Tazo, Twinings, Lipton, etc. Emperor's Bride from the Tea Room is my preferred weapon of choice. However, you must go here to get it.

(What penance!) Emperor's Bride, a tin of it, will set you back about $20 or so. A smaaaaaaaall price to pay for such heaven! While you are here - stay for lunch, order the Lapsang Souchong Chicken Salad Sandwich!

(Do not be confused. Some say Savannah has two tea rooms - I beg to differ. This place below is The Gryphon, which is a cute lunch spot, but I wouldn't call it a tea room.)


The Republic of Tea Mango Ceylon a distant (DISTANT) second.

You can buy it at World Market and sometimes Publix. It costs about $13 for 50 tea bags, which if you know anything about hot tea, most bags can be brewed twice if you do it quickly and your water is extremely hot. I can teach you how to do that too.

No comments: