A woman is like a TEA BAG - you never know how strong she is until she gets into HOT WATER. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Friday, May 6

How to make 50 PBJ's fast...

If you are ever in need of feeding a lot of people peanut butter & jelly sammies and you need to do it in record time, I can show you how it's done....


First, buy the jumbo size peanut butter, five loaves of bread, an extra large jelly and 3 of those huge aluminum pans with plastic covers.  You will get 22 slices out of each loaf, which is 11 sammies per loaf of bread (not a lot, huh?)  You will also need a spreader - not a knife.  I have this fabulously flat, blue plastic spreader that I use and it makes fast work of spreading peanut butter. 


Lay out your bread on a covered table...


Now start with the spreading... I recommend doing the peanut butter first and all at once.  So lay out 50 slices of bread and get going.  (This tends to attract on-lookers.)


Now the trick to the jelly is to dump it into a bowl and mix/break it up so that it spreads easier.  (See, this is my favorite blue spreader!)


It works perfectly!


Note:  Have a small child (8 yr. olds work best) to top each peanut butter'd slice with a jelly'd slice.  This saves time.   


Stack 'em up and run to the store now (if you've forgotten the aluminum pans like I did), but first cover them to keep them from getting stale.


P.S. The Dollar General on Hwy. 30 sells these such pans and therefore I didn't have to drive to the very distant and far away town of Rincon (7 miles.)

Load 'em up!


Easy peasy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that DG! I bought those same pans for teacher appreciation