A woman is like a TEA BAG - you never know how strong she is until she gets into HOT WATER. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Tuesday, July 20

Kenner Tree Tots Treehouse circa 1975



If ever there was something blogworthy, this is it. Most people who have known me for long enough, have heard me reminisce over my sold-at-a-garage-sale Kenner Treetots Tree House. Once, about 8 years ago, I found one on eBay and I proceeded to fight like a mad toddler over it until the bidding reached $70 and I decided to back away from the clicker.



So, tonight, as we were all sitting on the living room floor playing Slap Jack, Miles reeling from Owen's teasing, I thought of the long lost Kenner Tree House. Unbelievably, a few are still out there, but apparently in the land of plastic and weeble-wobbles, the real estate market is still booming. This one goes for $225.00.


Perhaps one day I will be able to score a foreclosure Tree Tots Treehouse or one going for a short-sale, something I can finance for a 30 year fixed rate. Until then, I will have my blog to look back on, fondly remembering the little elevator in the tree trunk that goes up and down... There's always the dream...



5 comments:

Kirsty said...

This was my very favourite toy growing up and my mum sold it at a flea market. I too long for this toy to be back in my life and am seriously considering the hefty price tag which is so easily obtained with the click of a mouse button :)

Anonymous said...

You would love the book Shanghai Girls. I have read the ones you have listed and know you would enjoy this one. Anything you read after is a disappointment. Polly

Anonymous said...

By the way, I found you because I saw a commercial for weeble wobbles. I was telling my nine year old son that was my favorite toy. I then did a search to show him what it looked like. Your blog came up. I did not want you to think I was stalking you...lol Have a good one. Polly

Hilde said...

I had fun playing with this tree house for hours and hours way back then ;-)
Now my godchild wil have the chance to enjoy this little cosy house as I am so lucky to have found this up the attic at my parents.

susan jakovina said...

I am literally ON THE HUNT for one of these and came across your post via another bloggers.
I must have one!!
Totally my favorite toy ever in the history of toys...the elevator! I can't believe you remember that!! And the way it popped open! :)