A woman is like a TEA BAG - you never know how strong she is until she gets into HOT WATER. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Sunday, July 18

What do Chocolate ShooFly Pie, The Duggar Family & the Amish have in common?

Now that's a loaded question! First the fly swatters - I came across the cutest flower fly swatters at the Dollar Tree in Garden City and just had to have one. Later on, I decided that a few of my friends and family needed one too. I decided that what better way to give this cute little gift than to attach a ShooFly Pie recipe to it!



ShooFly Pie is an Amish recipe and although I have actually never met a real Amish person, I long ago decided that I would like to be Amish myself. (I would also like to be a Duggar and not so many people understand that either! You can read all about the Duggars at http://www.duggarfamily.com.)



A side note - if you enjoy reading about the Amish way of life, here is the first book in a series called Ellie's People. I first read this book when I was a teenager. I can't believe that it is still available!

http://www.amazon.com/Ellie-Ellies-People-Christner-Borntrager/dp/0836134680

Now back to those fly swatters. This is what they looked like after I attached the recipe cards. I threw a few into mailboxes and on front porches for a fun little surprise for my friends and family.

No comments: