A woman is like a TEA BAG - you never know how strong she is until she gets into HOT WATER. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Friday, October 22

Corn Maze! Check Point!

On the way back from the Apple Festival, we decided to stop at a pumpkin patch ...


and found a corn maze...



I have been wanting to go to one of these since a couple of years ago when we passed one on our way home from Myrtle Beach with the Tylers.

Farms make me happy - especially ones with green silos.



Loved the sunflowers too - the entire roadside was edged with them.



Have you ever heard of egg gourds? Or maybe they're called gourd eggs? Hmmmm...



Anyway, don't you think they look just like chicken eggs? I thought I could buy 20 or so to fill a black wire basket in my kitchen, but at .50 cents each, I thought I better not. (Especially since Jim was there with me! LOL!)

We did lots of running through the corn maze.


I worn my Keen's (I love them!) and I knew they wouldn't let me down.  Being able to walk the next day is important for a farm girl like me...


There were 12 checkpoints in the maze and a hole puncher for each checkpoint on our map. Jim loved to scream out "check point" or "found number 8!" I think he wanted a stampede of people chasing him.


We found all 12 checkpoints and turned our map in to be entered in a drawing... wonder when that happens? Wonder what we might win...? Maybe a big green silo?


Every now and then the mom has to be in the picture too... just to prove that she was on the trip - for alibi circumstances and all.  Ya just never know!


Everyone jump on mom!



See how happy my boys are at the farm?


Farmers have come a long way - ours was wearing overalls, driving this tractor and talking on his cell phone.  Who knew farmers had cell phones?  I wonder if they even know how to text?!


We were sad to leave, but I got all kinds of BIG ideas - like opening our very own corn maze - and how I would sell hot apple cider!  It WAS the apple festival.... Wonder why they didn't think of that?





No comments: