A woman is like a TEA BAG - you never know how strong she is until she gets into HOT WATER. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Saturday, October 30

Today is Mock Halloween

Today is Saturday, October 30th.  Tonight the boys will go from door to door saying "Trick or Treat" or "Tricks or Treats" (if you are Charlie Brown - and then look into your bag to find the first of many forthcoming rocks.)  Our town is "Trick or Treating" the day before Halloween this year, because the real Halloween is on Sunday.  Nuff said. 

I have all sorts of lovely things to blog about - pictures of the chocolate dipped pretzels I made at 11:00ish at night for Owen's class, and the feverishly fast, stuffed jalepeno peppers that we made for the work Halloween party (that I didn't get to go to), but alas I am tired.  My eyes are in a constant haze from the contact lenses that I prodded into my eyes with the hands that held the jalapeno peppers.  I have no creativity.  Did I spell jalepeno right?  I am tired - did I say that too? 

I promise big things later - after a nap, and a few cups of hot tea, which I plan to swill like the pirate (I mean farm girl) that I am...

No comments: