A woman is like a TEA BAG - you never know how strong she is until she gets into HOT WATER. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Wednesday, October 6

Find of the week ... at Walmart, no less!

Every harried (not hairy) and frenzied mom should have this cookbook. It makes me happy (and yes, there are lots of things that make me happy - silly, nonsensical things, I know!)

This cookbook is grounding and needful. It makes me want to be a farm girl and live on a ranch and make up a gritty, Stetsonish sort of name for Jim. It has meatloaf with 6 slices of bread in it and gives frame by frame shots on everything from frying cubed steak to the infamous Chocolate Chip Cookie Sweet Rolls - need I say more?

This book is for the girl who craves the small town life, who thinks that everyone should be taken care of with a pot and a spoon, some cheddar cheese and heavy cream - this book will speak to your soul. Now if I can just convince Jim that I really CAN be a farm girl... I have the boots!

No comments: