A woman is like a TEA BAG - you never know how strong she is until she gets into HOT WATER. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Sunday, June 20

Stampin' Up Party

On June 12th, I hosted a Stampin' Up party at my house. I invited friends, some of whom scrapbook and stamp, and others who came just because they love me and knew I'd be thankful.



Among other things, I made a Black-Eyed Pea Dip. I fretted over this dip at the last minute because it was just missing something... and since I'd already added a half block of cream cheese to "fix" the recipe, I wasn't quite sure what that "something" was. I don't know why I worried, some of the girls just RAVED over this so-so dip! For those of you who wanted the recipe - it is down below.

We had cucumber sandwiches...



Sausage Balls with Horseradish Mustard Dipping Sauce...



Brown Sugar Cakes with Brown Sugar Cream Cheese Icing...



and Party Spirals from Sam's ... because I was so worried that Black-Eyed Pea Dip wouldn't go over very well ... Who knew?!!!



Here's that recipe:

(3) 15oz. cans black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup finely chopped pickled jalepenos (in the jar or can) reserving juice
10 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 medium sweet onion, finely chopped
1/2 stick Land O'Lakes Butter, softened
1/4 tsp garlic powder

and if you liked it at the party...

Add 1/2 block cream cheese

In an eletric mixer or large mixing bowl, mix together the peas, jalapenos, 3 Tbsp of reserved jalapeno juice, cheddar cheese, onion, butter and garlic powder until blended. Heat the dip in a medium crock pot until hot and taste (this is where you add in that 1/2 block cream cheese if you aren't completely happy.) Serve warm with fritos corn chips.

Tip - this dip gets better with age - days 2, 3 and 4 the dip was just divine! We threw in some crushed tortilla chips and it was killer good!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

The food was SO very tasty! I couldn't believe you second guessed that Black Eyed Pea dip. We LOVED it!! It was such a fun night crafting and eating and eating some more! The brown sugar cupcakes were AMAZING!!