A woman is like a TEA BAG - you never know how strong she is until she gets into HOT WATER. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Friday, December 30

Not worth the time...

Dear Lord,  Save me from books like this one...


I have wasted weeks mucking through this book - in the car, on the iPod, however and wherever I could just to



GET IT DONE. 





I have a bit of a quitting problem.  I don't like to quit books.  I've only quit one so far in my life and I still get the "rabbit ran across my grave" shakes from it...




I mean, does old what's her name ever end up with the Italian?  Now that she can finally focus enough during meditation and the fantastical blue lights appear and she is all zen-like, then what?  What happens in the end????  What is the point to it all????  I just kept feeling sorry for the husband that she left!  

Back to Wicked - it is just entirely too detailed and my friend, Wren, put it quite nicely when she said, "it's a book of tangents" and it is.  Finally in the end, it does come together, just a bit - barely.  Ok, so after weeks of wasting your time, the author does finally sew it together just enough to keep you from FREAKIN' JUMPING off a cliff. 

But you'll have to make the final decision for yourself. 

You do end up finding out why the Wicked Witch of the West is oh so green...

And that might be enough for you...

It is a bit enticing...

No comments: