A woman is like a TEA BAG - you never know how strong she is until she gets into HOT WATER. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Saturday, December 10

Priceless...

For the last three years, we have not sent out Christmas cards.  We've designed them online, saved them and then just not ordered them.  What with the cost of the cards, added with the cost of the stamps, we just sparkled over how much money we were saving by not sending them.  We were revelling in our smartness!

Then something happened ... we fell off of several of the most coveted cards' lists. 

I won't mention any names here, because I just nearly pass out with excitement in the driveway when these three cards arrive in the mailbox.  They are the ones I look forward to the most.  I actually hesitate and wonder if I should wait until Jim gets home from work, so that we can open them together.  (Freakish, I know!)  These women, the creators of these cards, are so talented and clever, well, I just can hardly keep up.  So last year, when one of these three cards never came - that was it!  We had to start sending cards again! 

This year, I was all over it (like white on rice, like bees on honey, like a fat girl on a doughnut - you get the picture.) 

See this stack? 



This is just the first draft of recipients - and it was done.  DONE.  DONE - at the end of November baby!  I had to wait - that is how early they were done.  I had to actually wait to send them - so I wouldn't look like the over-zealous freak that I really am. 

So there!  BAM!  YEAH BABY!  (Yes, the coffee has kicked in....)  Bring on those cards!  Two of the three have already shown up - I did survive in the driveway - I couldn't scare the neighbors, you know.

No comments: