A woman is like a TEA BAG - you never know how strong she is until she gets into HOT WATER. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Saturday, June 25

Boys Toys Garage Sale...


Recently, I threatened to have a garage sale.  I went through drawers and closets, gathering and fussing, fussing and gathering, getting overwhelmed and excited and distraught.  I piled all of these things into the dining room.  The dining room at our house is quite lovely, but it moonlights as a "holding station" for all things needing to be put away or given out.  This is a room of things undone.  I hate that last part. 

A few days into the hunting and gathering, the inevitable happened and I got overwhelmed and couldn't stand the mess piling up anymore.  In a fit of rage, and with a sweaty upper lip, I piled all of it into the back of my car and hauled it off to Goodwill.  All except for Owen and Miles' stuff.  After promising them that they'd make money if they got rid of some of their toys - money is what they wanted to make. 

So ... here we go.  Owen & Miles' Mini-Garage Toy Sale...


We invited their friends and promised an afternoon of swimming after the sale.  Boys and more boys came, saw & bought.  Owen negotiated. 



It was all just a fabulous thing - and I even got to throw in some "free to a good home" lotions & potions that have been sitting under my sink unloved. 

Later, the kids compared deals on the front porch...


And then were off to the pool for some fun in the sun. 


All on a Wednesday afternoon even. Life is very good!

No comments: