A woman is like a TEA BAG - you never know how strong she is until she gets into HOT WATER. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Wednesday, June 29

I love...

My coin purse.   


A gift from my parents, who searched high and low for the perfect one. At long last they found this one - at Tiffany & Co. no less, and it is one of my very favorite things.

It isn't so much because it is from Tiffany & Co. (although that in itself does take the fun value up just a notch!)   It is because a coin purse, to me, is one of a handful of things that every girl should have in her repertoire.  A coin purse, a nice handkerchief, pearls for her ears and neck, and a pair of cowboy boots. (Now, I realize your list might not be the same as mine, but to each her own.)
  
When I was little, I remember having a "kiss lock" coin purse.  I supposed I lost it, or maybe it mysteriously disappeared in one of those garage sales.  Years later, as a teenager, I watched my Aunt Nelda playing Gin with her friends - each of the ladies having her very own coin purse bulging with quarters.  (I think my Aunt Nelda's was shimmery gold, covered in little seed beads.)  Those old gals would laugh and cackle and to me, that looked like good fun.  It was then that I knew I wanted two things - a worthy coin purse - and a group of girlfriends to play Gin with one day. 

I'll be the one wearing pearls and this will be my coin purse.  It's a classic and I love it.  

No comments: