A woman is like a TEA BAG - you never know how strong she is until she gets into HOT WATER. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Friday, June 17

It's just who I am...



What's your thing?  Something that defines you completely or maybe just a little part of you that will never change.  Maybe its your faded dark green nightgown - the one that hangs on your door knob and always seems to be the one you grab, holes and all.  Maybe it's a t-shirt from high school that you've carried around with you over the years - you don't even wear it, but you've kept it just because your best friend designed the graphic on it.  Maybe you only wear Chuck Taylors - and you have every color of the rainbow, but your five pairs of classic whites are your favorite.  Old and dingy, but those are the ones you go for every time.  Maybe your "thing" changes - it could, but maybe it hasn't.  Maybe it is just who you are. 

That is me, but it isn't a shirt, a nightgown, or an awesome collection of Chuck Taylors.  My thing is that I always wear my hair up.  I like it - a little bit classy, a little bit naughty-teacher, a little bit Audrey Hepburn.  It makes me happy.   It's just who I am. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My favorite is a good Oxford cloth button down shirt. My favorite outfit by far!