A woman is like a TEA BAG - you never know how strong she is until she gets into HOT WATER. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Saturday, June 4

Grace under fire....

I prefer to be under the gun.  It's true - I do!  I am at my very best in the last few minutes that I have to complete anything - a dish, a project, a blog post. 

Take today for example, I have a million things I could write about - given the 1284 pictures that I have taken in the last month on my new camera.  (No one tells you before you buy a DSLR that you will spend loads of your time editing the pics on the camera before downloading them  - at least I do - and therefore it is quite hard for any of them to actually make it onto my computer to blog about.)  I should have started this post an hour ago, but because I know it takes me exactly an hour to wash, dry and put Candace together, I will give myself these last three minutes to type this post.  (You all deserve so much better - have patience for me!)

So here is where I tie in the "grace under fire - Candace under the gun" - in these last 3 minutes, I am quite brilliant.  In the last minutes - the very last seconds, my brain fires and magnificence is eminent!  I know exactly how long it will take me to do whatever task is at hand - and I allot myself exactly that much time to do it.  If I allowed any more time, I'd become quite bored with the task and the excitement of possibly running out of time and not being successful would never come into play.  So this, my friends, is why Candace waits until the last minute to do everything.  I must have that adrenaline rush - the possibility of running out ot time, of completely and disastrous failure must be right there on the cusp!

So, now that I've cleared that up (and drove lots of friends and family batty now that they know the reason) I'd better close because I have exactly 59 minutes to do what I should have done in 60 minutes!

Zoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: